- 'This is what depression looks like': Young mom's message goes viral, inspires hope Not being able to do chores may seem insignificant. However, it's often a sign of something more serious.
A young mother's candid social media message is praised for revealing lesser known symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Photos from Alzheimer's Association's post This week, more than 5,600 of the brightest minds in dementia research from around the world are in Chicago for the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC). Check back for breaking news and don't miss our Facebook Live at 10:45 a.m. ...
- Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources The EPA has awarded funding to one of our program partners. The funds will help us to prevent radon exposure and support water quality. Together, we'll help to protect the health and well-being of Nevadans.
Nevada Department of Conservation and ...
- Carson City Fair The Carson Cluckers practiced showing their chickens for the Carson City Fair last night. This club has been preparing for this show since last year. Each child has been working hard to train their chicken. The club members will also ...
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes ...
- Western Nevada College Has Funds to Make College Possible - Western Nevada College $500,000 Available through Silver State Opportunity Grant
WNC has more than $500,000 to award to students through the Silver State Opportunity Grant.
- Home At Last is proud to be a part of the Latin Chamber of Commerce's Home and Real Estate Expo and Luncheon. #HomeAtLast #GettingYouHome #DownPaymentAssistance #LatinChamber
Home At Last, a Program of Nevada Rural Housing Authority is feeling fantastic at ...
- The word "homeowner" has the word "meow" in it. Good luck pronouncing it correctly ever again! (You're welcome.)
But, seriously, we know how exciting it is to finally have a home of your own AND be able to adopt that ...
- Tritonal Opens Up About Sobriety & Struggles, Shares Uplifting 'Love U Right': Exclusive We are inspired by Tritonal! Their new single #LoveURight is an upbeat summer anthem that at first, sounds like a love song. That love can be for others, but also about loving yourself. 🎶 💚 Check out the premiere on ...
- “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
- Photos from Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department's post Today, Mayor Crowell proclaimed July as Parks and Recreation month in Carson City and acknowledged all of the talented and hard working staff. In addition, the Board of Supervisors honored parks donors and sponsors for the past year.
Carson City ...
- The Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response, also know as "CASPER," is a type of household survey that can be used in disaster and non-disaster settings. CASPER's have been conducted throughout the United States; you can view the CDC's ...
- A pregnant woman's diet could affect her baby's gut bacteria, study suggests According to research, what an expectant mother eats during pregnancy could change the bacteria that populate her baby’s gut. Want to learn more? Read this news story, and others like it, by visiting www.infanthealth.org. #infanthealth
An estimated 100 trillion ...
- FISH (Friends in Service Helping) Help!! We are EXTREMELY low on plastic shopping bags that we use to distribute food, especially for our clients without transportation. They can be dropped off at our office at 138 E Long St M-F 9am to noon and 1pm ...
- Photos from Alzheimer's Association's post We're thrilled to announce the launch of Edward Jones Walk Across America, a 16-week event taking place across 12 states in the fight against Alzheimer’s. More than 1,000 Edward Jones employees will complete a 3,100-mile, relay-style journey, taking at least ...
- 2018 Life Choices Fall FUNdraiser Tickets, Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Carson... Our 2018 Fall FUNdraiser will feature an amazing group: 321 Improv - and tickets are NOW ON SALE at https://www.itickets.com/events/402008.html - so join us this September at this wonderful event that will be fun for the whole family!
- Helicopter parenting may negatively affect children's emotional well-being, behavior: Children with overcontrolling parents may later... It's natural for parents to do whatever they can to keep their children safe and healthy, but children need space to learn and grow on their own, without Mom or Dad hovering over them, according to new research. The study ...
- Please join VARN, the Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission, and Nevada's other legal service providers for a preview of the most recent statewide Legal Needs Survey results. We are seeking input from the community!
What: Presentation of the Legal ...
- Photos from Ron Wood Family Resource Center's post Another great year for our Ron Wood Family....
Share Your Christmas Food Drive, Toys for Tots, Cookies with Santa and Christmas Baskets for the community! Thank you all for the love and support! Merry Christmas and Happy 2018!
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.