- How do depression and/or anxiety affect your life? We're partnering with Women's Health to better understand how women deal with symptoms of depression and anxiety in their day-to-day lives. Take this survey, then check out the results in an upcoming issue of Women's Health. All answers will remain ...
- BYU International Folk Dancers Performance-Bob Boldrick Theater Join us February 24, 2017 at 7:00 pm at the Bob Boldrick Theater in Carson City, Nevada for Brigham Young University's International Folk Dance Ensemble!
About the Show:
Journey is a 90-minute voyage of dance and music through the heartbeat ...
- Builders reviving mothballed projects in Pahrump Home At Last's down payment assistance and mortgage credit certificate programs cover ALL of Pahrump! #HomeAtLast #GettingYouHome http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/housing/builders-reviving-mothballed-projects-pahrump
With dirt roads sprouting weeds, hundreds of vacant lots and paved streets that abruptly end, the Burson Ranch subdivision, it’s fair to ...
- Timeline Photos No amount of exposure to smoke is safe, even if you're not smoking. Learn how you can prevent exposure to secondhand smoke by visiting http://gethealthycarsoncity.org/the-dangers-of-secondhand-smoke/.
- WNC answers call as construction is on its way to becoming Nevada's top employer WNC's construction program is fueling Nevada's workforce.
It was 100 years ago that Congress recognized the importance of vocational education by enacting the Smith-Hughes Act that provided federal funding for vocational agriculture training. A century later, the importance of skill-related ...
- Finding Beauty in the Creative Side of Bipolar Disorder The idea that bipolar disorder may fuel creativity is fascinating to consider.
#IStopStigmaBy: Seeing the positive in my diagnosis | #StigmaFree
The idea that bipolar disorder may fuel creativity is fascinating to consider. But regardless of the science or controversy ...
- "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Domestic Violence Can Double Risk of Preterm Birth https://www.domesticshelters.org/domestic-violence-articles-information/domestic-violence-can-nbsp-double-risk-of-nbsp-preterm-birth#.WKzAVjsrKUk
A study out of the University of Iowa revealed what most of us could have already guessed—domestic violence during pregnancy puts both mom and baby at increased risk for serious health problems. Publis...
- Mayor Bob Crowell It's going to be a cold one tonight. Carson City Nevada Government and FISH (Friends in Service Helping) will be opening the warming shelter tonight for anyone in need.
Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department shared Mayor Bob ...
- Timeline Photos Did you know that Nevada ranks 47th in the nation for child and youth homelessness? Youth often become homeless due to inter-related factors of family breakdown, economic insecurity, and/or residential instability. Homeless youth find themselves in different situations and require ...
- Timeline Photos We're thrilled to announce that journalist and MSNBC anchor Richard Lui will join us for this year's Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum, March 27-29 in Washington, D.C. As a caregiver to his father, Richard has seen first-hand the impact the disease ...
- University of Nevada, Reno Temple Grandin, world-renowned autism and animal behavioral spokesperson, will be hosting a talk delving into the understanding of animal behavior at 7 p.m. next Tuesday, Feb. 28 at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino Reno. The event is hosted by the ...
- Nevada Sen. Cortez Masto tours health facility in Reno Here is some TV news footage from Senator Catherine Cortez Masto's visit to Northern Nevada HOPES. Surprisingly, it is of much better quality than our FB Live video 🙂 #CHCs #HCAdvocacy
Thanks KOLO 8 News Now
Sen. Catherine Cortez ...
- FISH, in cooperation with the City of Carson City, will be offering a warming shelter, along with hope, in anticipation of the freezing temperatures projected for this evening. The Emergency Warming Shelter at Fuji Park will be open tonight Thursday ...
- DID YOU KNOW…The Salvation Army’s work in disaster relief began in 1900 in response to the devastating hurricane that destroyed Galveston, TX and killed more than 5,000 people.
- Timeline Photos Here are the upcoming events for our Movers & Doers! This program is for individuals with phyisical and/or intellectual disabilities, All ages welcome. For more information contact Carol Dunn at 775-283-7424
- Celebrate Quitters: Adam Shares His Reason to Quit Quitting tobacco products can have many positive impacts on your life! What is your reason to quit?
Adam shares the reason he quit smoking and the ways his life has improved ever since. “I realized that I don’t want to ...
- David Cassidy Reveals He Is Battling Dementia: ‘A Part of Me Always Knew This Was... We are grateful to David Cassidy for bravely sharing his dementia diagnosis, reminding all of us that we are not alone in facing Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. bit.ly/2lEYyGh
The 66-year-old actor is widely known for his starring role ...
- Hohl Motor Company helping charities until Saturday Help Toys for Tots and the Ron Wood Family Resource Center with a fundraiser at Michael Hohl Chevy Buick GMC Cadillac/Motor Company tomorrow. #KOLOCares
Drop off your unwrapped toy and food donation by Saturday, December 17 to be eligible to ...
- State Bar of Nevada Thanks for the shout out State Bar of Nevada!
If you're looking to give back this holiday season, here's a look at pro bono service providers throughout Nevada http://ow.ly/q51M3073TH1
Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans shared State Bar of Nevada's post.
- Patients with insomnia have altered activity in specific brain regions Specific brain regions, including those involved in awareness of self and tendency to ruminate, show altered activity in patients with insomnia when compared to good sleepers, according to a new study.
Family Wellness Center, LLC Carson City, NV shared a ...
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.