- Voices of Lived Experience Can Save Lives Everyone plays a role in preventing suicide. There has never been a better time to raise our voices as we now know that sharing stories can save lives. #SuicidePrevention
The mental health community knows that stories of lived experience are ...
- Walker River State Recreation Area It is official! Join us on Saturday, September 22 at the Pitchfork Ranch to celebrate the grand opening of the Walker River State Recreation Area with food, games and fun! Please remember, the Rafter 7 and Flying M properties are ...
- L'ATTITUDE Hispanic Heritage Month is now - September 15 through October 15 - and we are reminiscing about the incredible L'ATTITUDE event earlier this month, brought to us by NAHREP The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals We join in ...
- Protect your vegetable garden from contamination - Reports of food-borne illnesses are increasingly frequent in the news. Many people do not realize that home gardens are not free from the risk of food-borne illness.
Use care in the home garden, especially around those crops you plan to ...
- WNC Retains Best Value School Award Status - Western Nevada College WNC News....
For the second straight year Western Nevada College has been recognized among an elite group of high-quality, affordable higher institutions.
- Senator Square: Cycling team excels at Rattlesnake Roundup ICYMI:
Blue plaid jerseys with a capital emblem line the trail. Cheers and words of encouragement echo past. My heart is pounding in my chest; my eyes are focused on
- Students: Looking for a Job? There are many positions available at WNC and some in our community as well. Several are for WorkStudy (financial-aid eligible students), and others are open to all students. Check out what's available: http://lr.wnc.edu/jobs/student_jobs/on_campus/
- What is the Carson City CASPER? - Get Healthy Carson City CCHHS Staff and volunteers will be out in North West Carson City today conducting door to door surveys. We want to know how prepared our community is for a disaster or emergency. Visit http://gethealthycarsoncity.org/what-is-the-carson-city-casper/ for more information on the CASPER.
- Program Officer 2 Our Clark County office is hiring a Program Officer 2 to manage a school wellness program. You'd provide evidence-based nutrition education in high-need Clark County School District elementary schools.
The position is open until filled, and qualified individuals are encouraged ...
- Natural Cycles is an app-based means of contraception. It works by identifying the fertile and non-fertile days in your cycle, giving you the knowledge to feel in tune with your body and truly understand how your cycle works. #birthcontrol
- Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW Check out this important discussion on mental health services and suicide prevention for veterans, how to recognize the need for care and where to go for help. (via U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW)
Representatives from ...
- 'The Wonky Donkey' book sells after grandma's hilarious video goes viral Don't believe in the power of social media? Read this!
The Wonky Donkey, a children's book, has been in high demand ever since a video of a Scottish granny who read the book to her grandson went viral.
- Timeline Photos He is always by our side! Have a blessed Sunday! #SundayInspo
- Muscle Powered Thank you Musclepowered for keeping our community beautiful!
Another successful Trash Mob. Estimate 200 pounds of trash removed.
Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department shared Muscle Powered's post.
- Johnnie's Story Here is a great story from ABC10 about a man named Johnnie- he was once addicted to drugs & living on the streets but found hope at The Salvation Army. #NationalRecoveryMonth
- Protecting Our Adolescents Round Table Discussion Nevada Health Centers in partnership with Nevada Primary Care Association are pleased to invite you to an informal round table discussion on the implications of #homeless adolescents and/or adolescent victims of #humantrafficking. The objective of the round-table discussion is to ...
- Project Sweet Dreams | Little Dreamers As parents, the quality of our kids' education is a priority but not everything is taught in the classroom. Our "Little Dreamers Program" is a great opportunity for children to get involved with the community and learn the importance empathy ...
- Support Our Cause! TMCC Veterans Upward Bound needs your help! Please visit our fundraiser today with Boon Supply Company - only four days left to shop to benefit VUB!
The direct link to shop is here: https://www.boonsupply.com/collections/all?fundraiser=89360
The VUB Team
- Helicopter parenting may negatively affect children's emotional well-being, behavior: Children with overcontrolling parents may later... It's natural for parents to do whatever they can to keep their children safe and healthy, but children need space to learn and grow on their own, without Mom or Dad hovering over them, according to new research. The study ...
- Please join VARN, the Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission, and Nevada's other legal service providers for a preview of the most recent statewide Legal Needs Survey results. We are seeking input from the community!
What: Presentation of the Legal ...
- Photos from Ron Wood Family Resource Center's post Another great year for our Ron Wood Family....
Share Your Christmas Food Drive, Toys for Tots, Cookies with Santa and Christmas Baskets for the community! Thank you all for the love and support! Merry Christmas and Happy 2018!
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.