- From My First Episode to My First Child Chris began experiencing hallucinations nearly two decades ago. Read more about his recovery journey and why it's important to get care after a first episode of psychosis.
I’ve never publicly told my story. In college I feared my peers would ...
- Faith & Insight: Giving thanks to the Lord always We’re entering our holiday season and it starts with the week of Thanksgiving. Do we need a special week or day set aside to give thanks? I’ve seen people
The Salvation Army serving Carson City & Douglas County shared a ...
- God is good, even when people aren't.
- Photos from Advocates to End Domestic Violence's post Some clients got to experience The Polar Express tonight, thanks to those special people who made it happen!
Advocates to End Domestic Violence added 4 new photos.
- Doug Kaller - Academy Mortgage Doug Kaller is one of our top Home At Last lender partners. We expect it has A LOT to do with his integrity, ethics, and mortgage experience...but we're sure his genuine kindness is what wins people over time and time ...
- Betsy Lopez Realtor For Keller Williams Realty Looking to buy in Ely? Check out this charming downtown home, offered by Betsy Lopez of Keller Williams, with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathroom, and a rental unit! #GettingYouHome #WeLoveRuralNevada #ElyRocks
Check out this New Listing!
896 High Street is a ...
- Timeline Photos Bring joy to those in need by volunteering as a bell ringer! Find volunteer opportunities at http://ow.ly/tC3c30gycvn
- Photos from FISH (Friends in Service Helping)'s post The holidays have arrived at our Minden Thrift Store!
Our Minden store's winter hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday and 9 am to 4 pm on Saturdays
FISH (Friends in Service Helping) added 7 new photos.
- WOW!! Thank you to the Attorney General's office for donating $1,100 to our High Five Turkey Drive!!
Left to right: Jim Peckham, Executive Director of FISH, C. Wayne Howle, Chief Deputy Attorney General, Liz Patterson, Manager of Food Distribution and ...
- Happy #nationaltakeahikeday 🏔 Carson City has so many trails to choose from, which one is your favorite? Share a photo of your favorite hiking trail on Instagram and use #CarsonTrailContest for a chance to win a $25 BlueZone Sports gift ...
- Wild Nevada: Season 4 | Episode 7 | Wild Nevada | KNPB Chris Orr and her mom came to Carson City to talk a walk on the Blue Line Trail for an episode of Wild Nevada on KNPB Public Broadcasting. This and 3 other great #Family experiences are showcased here so grab ...
- Suicide: A Cry for Life Tomorrow, November 18, is International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day. We must overcome our reluctance to break apart the taboo that encloses suicide. Until we start talking, healing cannot happen.
So often, our culture concludes that suicide is a rejection ...
- Community Health Alliance We are gearing up for #GivingTuesday to raise funds to re-floor our Pediatric Department at our Wells Avenue Location. The cost per foot is $3.57. Every bit will help to purchase 2,820 feet of flooring. Please give on November 28. ...
- Photos from Carson City School District's post Thanks to Retired Senior Deputy Attorney General Glade Myler for his lecture on Spanish Poetry in Mrs. Marisa Morrow's (November’s Rotary Teacher of the Month) AP Spanish class at Carson High School today. Myler is fluent in English, Spanish and ...
- MomsRising.org Your story is important! Let your representatives hear the impact their choices have on you.
Do you live in Nevada? Yes?!? We need YOUR story! MomsRising is collecting stories about how Medicaid, WIC, SNAP, and Head Start benefit ...
- Helping a Smoker Quit: Do's and Don'ts Today's "quit now" tip: Get help.
The process of quitting smoking usually requires accountability. If you want to stop smoking, surround yourself with supportive family and friends who will help you get there. If you want to help a friend ...
- Carson City Senior Center to provide fall risk assessments Sign up today for your fall risk assessment with Carson Tahoe Health tomorrow between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Email email@example.com, or call the center at 775-883-0703.
Carson Tahoe Health’s manager of therapy services, Steve Yasmer, will provide fall risk ...
- Eagles & Agriculture turns 16 Reservations are open, and tours fill up fast!
Eagles & Agriculture, a combined effort of the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce, University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension, The Nature Conservancy in Nevada, Lahontan Audubon Society and Valley ranchers, celebrates its ...
- How Alzheimer’s Ended Up on The Young and the Restless "It's greatly valuable to highlight an important health crisis and situation in life that millions of people can connect with." Mal Young, The Young and the Restless executive producer and head writer, on the show's upcoming Alzheimer's storyline and his ...
- Apply now for Western Nevada College Foundation Scholarships at www.wnc.edu/scholarships/
More than 250 scholarships will be awarded for fall 2018. If you've applied for the Nevada Promise Scholarship, you can use Foundation scholarships for college expenses such as textbooks.
- Sexual harassment by colleagues may be associated with more severe depression Employees who experience sexual harassment by supervisors, colleagues or subordinates in the workplace may develop more severe symptoms of depression than employees who experience harassment by clients or customers, according to a study in Denmark.
Family Wellness Center, LLC Carson ...
- Ron Wood Family Resource Center Vote daily until July 22nd!!!!
Ron Wood Family Resource Center
Published by Joyce Buckingham · July 10 at 3:08pm ·
Hello Dear Partners!
Ron Wood Family Resource Center has been chosen to participate in NV Energy Foundations's Power of ...
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.