- Saving seeds from your garden is easy and free - "Hearing tales of seeds passed from generation to generation inspires me to want to save seeds too. Seed saving not only offers me the chance to pass down unique varieties through my family, but it also saves me money, preserves ...
- Timeline Photos Volunteers Wanted: Be a part of a trash mob the day AFTER NV Day. For more information and/or to sign up, go to carson.org/nevadaday.
- Where in the world is the HALMobile today? First correct answer wins some serious HAL swag. #HALMobile #HomeAtLast #GettingYouHome #RuralHappensHere
- Treating and Preventing Chlamydia When Pregnant Early treatment of STD's during pregnancy is incredibly important. In the case of chlamydia, if transferred to newborns, it may cause inflammation of the eyes and pneumonia. #stdtreatment #sexhealth
STIs can pose unique problems for people who are pregnant ...
- Painting donation brings arts, culture and student to Carson City Senior Center Fun story in Carson Now about our lovely new art installations. Many thanks to Mark Salinas, Jazlyn Duran and the Carson City Arts and Culture Commission! Be sure to check out the video at the bottom of the link!
- Day of the Dead Celebration on Nov. 1 - Western Nevada College WNC News....
Games, face painting, food and traditional altar decorating are planned for the the third annual El Dia De Los Muertos (The Day of the Dead) celebration on Thursday, Nov. 1 at WNC in Carson City.
- Be Vocal in the Workplace It doesn’t matter what you do or where you work, your #mentalhealth matters in the workplace. As a #BeVocalSpeakUp #partner, we’re proud to announce the new Be Vocal webpage dedicated to helping you navigate mental health at work: http://www.bevocalspeakup.com/workplace-mental-health-employees.html
- Photos from Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department's post Join us this Saturday for our Fall Colors Hike! This is a great opportunity to experience Carson City’s colorful fall foliage before it ends. The hike starts at Carson River Park at 9 am. See you there! 🍂🍁🍃 @ Mexican ...
- Fall is great for adding organic matter to your garden - Many of us add compost and till our vegetable garden beds in the spring. This is a time-honored practice. But did you know fall is also an excellent time to add organic matter?
Many of us add compost and till ...
- Carson City Weed Coalition In this video we release a rust fungus called Puccinia punctiformis that is host-specific to Canada thistle in attempts to limit the spread of this plant.
Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department shared Carson City Weed Coalition's post.
- FISH (Friends in Service Helping) All proceeds go to FISH!
FISH will manage the Hop & Mae Adams Foundation parking lot on Carson Street adjacent to the Northern Nevada Coin store… right on the parade route. This lot will be reserved for RV parking: two ...
- Congrats to all our newly certified Home At Last Realtors! Thank you to Stan Leonard of Guild Mortgage and Anthony Mendoza of Reliant Title for hosting. #HomeAtLast #GettingYouHome #DownPaymentAssistance #RuralHappensHere #WeLoveRealtors #AreYouCertified
Home At Last, a Program of Nevada Rural ...
- Benefits of Quitting Wondering what exactly are the benefits of quitting? As soon as you quit smoking, your body begins to repair the damage. Read below for a timeline from 20 minutes after to 15 years later. #quitnow
As soon as you ...
- Senator Square: Carson High offers a Home Sweet Homecoming ICYMI:
Homecoming Week is a fun-filled time at CHS with a frenzy of activities and celebrations to honor the high school and its students. The theme this year is Home
- Lady Gaga Co-Writes Powerful Op-Ed on Suicide, Mental Health Stigma Thank you Lady Gaga for being a voice.
“Stigma, fear & lack of understanding compound the suffering of those affected and prevent the bold action that is so desperately needed and so long overdue.” Lady Gaga #CureStigma
“Suicide is the ...
- Carson City Cultural Commission We are so excited to have Mark Salinas and the Carson City Cultural Commission establish beautiful art installations with Carol Benson's amazing gift of hundreds of original works of art!
The month of October is transforming the Carson City Senior ...
- Nature Notes: Helping sagebrush return to burned lands When he passed away last spring, Cooperative Extension Natural Resource Specialist Kent McAdoo was conducting research on speeding up the recovery of sagebrush after a wildfire.
On Thursday, attend a presentation and discussion of Kent’s original research and its continuation ...
- Carson City schools earn energy efficiency certifications This is such a big deal. Huge savings for our schools!
Nine out of the 10 Carson City School District schools earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star certification, which signifies their buildings perform in the top 25 ...
- Salvation Army Domestic Abuse Hotline Helps Saves Lives Did you know the Salvation Army Domestic Abuse Hotline has helped save many lives? Watch this video to find out more.
Did you know the Salvation Army Domestic Abuse Hotline has helped save many lives? Watch this video to ...
- The Amazing work of Nevada's Community Health Centers We are proud of and honored to work with #NvCHCs!
- Support Our Cause! TMCC Veterans Upward Bound needs your help! Please visit our fundraiser today with Boon Supply Company - only four days left to shop to benefit VUB!
The direct link to shop is here: https://www.boonsupply.com/collections/all?fundraiser=89360
The VUB Team
- Please join VARN, the Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission, and Nevada's other legal service providers for a preview of the most recent statewide Legal Needs Survey results. We are seeking input from the community!
What: Presentation of the Legal ...
- Photos from Ron Wood Family Resource Center's post Another great year for our Ron Wood Family....
Share Your Christmas Food Drive, Toys for Tots, Cookies with Santa and Christmas Baskets for the community! Thank you all for the love and support! Merry Christmas and Happy 2018!
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.