- Work-based Learning in Carson City Many thanks to Carson City Sheriff's Office, Carson City Nevada Government, Carson Tahoe Health and all of the community partners who help our students connect classroom learning to business and industry experiences. Click here for more information: http://www.carsoncityschools.com/students/work-_based_learning
- Timeline Photos Since most natural gas pipelines are buried underground, yellow line markers are often used to indicate their approximate location. They’re typically placed where a pipeline intersects a street, highway or railroad and list emergency numbers in case of a natural ...
- Timeline Photos One year after the Carr Fire, The Salvation Army is still serving survivors who are rebuilding their lives. Check out our report to see how this brave community is recovering with The Salvation Army’s help.
- 15 Douglas County high school students are “Career Bound” after completing professional skills boot This month, the pilot program of Career Bound NV launched in Douglas County with 15 students from Douglas and Aspire High School! These students went through career readiness activities and even gained their National Career Readiness certifications.
Want to learn ...
- Photos from Southwest Gas Corporation's post Southwesters in Northern Nevada were excited to join our company in fighting hunger in the communities we serve. Our recent Division-wide drive collected 1,207 pounds of food, which is being donated to 8 partner charities in Truckee and South Lake ...
- It's Time to Remix Your Daily Frustrations With Gratitude “Identifying the positive aspects of a frustrating situation can help you feel more positive about an otherwise negative experience.” https://bit.ly/2YMSXkC
Consider gratitude the antidote to frustration.
- Photos from Advocates to End Domestic Violence's post We have great playgrounds at our shelter and our office for kids to be kids while their parent receives services.
- It’s generally accepted that superfoods contain high levels of vitamins and minerals. They can also be a source of antioxidants, substances that shield bodies from damage and disease. Below are some exotic superfoods worth trying! #healthyeating
http://bit.ly/superfoodsyoushouldknow Tags: healthyeating
- Photos from Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space Department's post This past Sunday, we had our first ever Sketch & Trek in Kings Canyon! Our amazing Volunteer Guide, Sarah Anderson, led us along the Waterfall Trail to find prime landscape-sketching views. In addition to stopping to sketch the view east, ...
- Timeline Photos After her mother's death, Lisa found a birth certificate that belonged to her mother's youngest child - a sibling she never knew existed.
Read how The Salvation Army helped unite Lisa with her brother: http://salar.my/2ABt1Q.
- Timeline Photos Research shows that breastfeeding offers many health benefits for infants and mothers, as well as potential economic and environmental benefits for communities. Become educated on the topic by clicking the link below. #WIC
- Warm welcome at Mark Twain Elementary in Carson City Welcome back! Here's a great piece on Mark Twain Elementary School
Mark Twain Elementary School students didn’t mind roaming about their new hallways Monday, waving at teachers as they peeked into classrooms and spotted them or figured out the ...
- Urinary Tract Infection or Dementia: Which One Do I Have? While urinary tract Infections (UTIs) may affect people differently as they age, studies show that UTIs are fairly common among people living with Alzheimer’s and a primary factor leading to hospitalizations. Ruth Drew, director of information and support services at ...
- Chelsea Pearl - Beauty, Fashion, & Travel Blogger Chelsea Pearl takes on Carson City. You won’t want to miss her 24 hour adventure. #visitcarsoncity
Taking you on the perfect little day trip from Tahoe or Reno: Visit Carson City in TravelNevada! #VisitCarsonCity #TravelNevada
Visit Carson City shared a ...
- Carson City Open Studios Tour FREE Open Studios Tour on Saturday August 24th from 11am to 4pm, Art, demonstrations, and music!
In just 5 days Carson City will experience its own Open Studios Tour! This is the first annual and sponsored by Jazz & Beyond ...
- Thank you to everyone who helped raise up National Health Center Week! Let’s remember that these important community providers are still waiting to secure long-term funding. Take action now: https://www.hcadvocacy.org/takeaction/
#ValueCHCs #NHCW19 #StarWars
- Farm Round Table meeting held in Fallon Maninder Walia, our crop specialist, attended this farm round table meeting in Churchill County. Attendees learned about local farming and ranching from Lattin Farms. Similar meetings will be held in Douglas and Elko Counties.
Nevada Appeal | Churchill County, NV ...
- Well Prepared to Prepare them Well!
VUB Veteran students,Tim and Kelly, provide academic tutoring and support to First Generation youths participating in the TMCC Success First Summer Bridge Program. The program provides students a jump-start to college, gain information about ...
- Nevada Week NRHA Executive Director Bill Brewer join State Senate Assistant Majority Leader Julia Ratti, Michael Shohet of Nevada HAND and Amanda Moss with Southern Nevada Home Builders Association - SNHBA on Nevada Week to discuss the severity of the affordable housing ...
- Photos from Capital City CIRCLES Initiative's post Thank you to all participants, champions & allies, and presenters in joining us for a Substance Abuse, and Prevention Panel on 06/26/2019. We got some good discussions going!
- Support Ron Wood Family Resource Center by shopping at AmazonSmile. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/86-0865470
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate to Ron Wood Family Resource Center. Support us every time you shop.
- #wazoo #fieldday #mentalhealthawarenessmonth #partnershipcarsoncity #OneUp
- Please join VARN, the Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission, and Nevada's other legal service providers for a preview of the most recent statewide Legal Needs Survey results. We are seeking input from the community!
What: Presentation of the Legal ...
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.