- Carson City middle-schoolers feel spirit of season building homeless kits Way to go SOAR Club at Eagle Valley Middle School!
Students from Eagle Valley Middle School (EVMS) felt a little more of the spirit of the season last week as they helped prepare kits for the homeless at their ...
- The Myths Behind the Idea That Domestic Violence Is a 'Personal Problem' https://psmag.com/news/the-myths-behind-the-idea-that-domestic-violence-is-a-personal-problem?fbclid=IwAR3v9cyUiLth8lO2QsvS87J_O9MGMmy244pDQrpvF0PU_USm9AouqwqUk7k
A viral Thrillist story about a burger joint left out domestic abuse charges against the owner—but intimate partner violence isn't a private issue.
- Clark County Annual Report | University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Our Research Center and Demonstration Orchard is a cooperative effort with UNLV. There, we grow over 800 fruit trees and grape vines, vegetables and other row crops. Master Gardeners and community volunteers help.
Our goal is to research new varieties ...
- Carson City Re-designated a Bronze-Level Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists From our Blinky Man Ride to just a casual ride down the heart of Downtown, Carson City is a bike-friendly community worth visiting!
The League of American Bicyclists has re-designated Carson City with a Bronze level Bicycle Friendly Community (BFC) ...
- Tech firms enter the business of campus mental health care - The Boston Globe "At many college counseling centers therapists are overwhelmed and students are forced to wait weeks for an appointment, even as more of them seek help for anxiety, depression, and sleep and eating disorders."
At many college counseling centers therapists are ...
- Timeline Photos There are 7 days until Christmas! We’re fighting for joy, laughter, and hope this season. Your kindness and generosity help make it all possible. Join the #FightForGood
- Carson City Salvation Army gift drive needs help The Salvation Army is collecting Christmas Toys for disadvantaged children. As this year’s campaign finishes up the Army is running short on gifts for middle school and high school
The Salvation Army serving Carson City & Douglas County shared a ...
- Carson City Nevada Government The League of American Bicyclists has re-designated Carson City with a Bronze level Bicycle Friendly Community (BFC) award, joining 464 recognized BFCs and nearly 100 Honorable Mention communities. With the support of Muscle Powered, Carson City continues to be part ...
- How My Depression Made Me A Better State Representative "To my pleasant surprise, telling my story was an amazing benefit for my career. It became an issue that my constituents knew I could speak about with the credibility of someone with lived experience."
To my pleasant surprise, telling my ...
- Clark County Annual Report | University of Nevada Cooperative Extension We help Nevada teachers be more engaged in more hands-on activities with children.
Check out our annual report to hear about the professional development opportunities our Clark County office provides child care providers.
Cooperative Extension Southern Area | University of ...
- THANK YOU to all of our partners who nominated some very deserving homebuyers to receive a little extra HALiday cheer! Your nominations were heartfelt and moving, and a few tears fell as we read each one. After reviewing them all, ...
- Photos from TMCC Veterans Upward Bound Program's post Brrring in the New Year!:
Be Prepared this Winter for Spring Term.
TMCC Veterans Upward Bound Program added 2 new photos.
- Teri Vance: Rainbow Girls offer Christmas gift wrapping It's always awesome to see what our students are doing outside the classroom. #IamWNC2018
Just last week, I was sharing tips on getting into the holiday spirit, and now, here we are, nearly at crunch time. With Christmas a mere ...
- Photos from Alzheimer's Association's post Over the past three weeks, pro athletes have been sporting custom cleats representing causes they care about for the My Cause My Cleats initiative. Shoutout to players who raised Alzheimer's awareness on the gridiron in honor of their loved ones ...
- Timeline Photos If you’re pregnant and using, there’s always a safe place to get help. In Nevada, pregnant women receive priority admission at state-funded substance use treatment centers. Find help right now by calling 1-800-273-8255 or by going to http://sobermomshealthybabies.org. #sobermomshealthybabies
- Photos from Nevada Primary Care Association's post #FBF Flashing back to last week when we packed care bags for the homeless.
Big thanks to #CommunityHealthAlliance and Northern Nevada HOPES for all of the work you do for people experiencing homelessness in #NorthernNevada! And some extra thanks to ...
- Writing coach offers week-long sessions at Carson City's Empire Elementary Today's the final day at Empire Elementary School. Hope everyone had fun last night at the Family Night activity.
Students and educators at Carson City’s Empire Elementary School were treated once more to inspirational coaching sessions in the art ...
- Please join VARN, the Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission, and Nevada's other legal service providers for a preview of the most recent statewide Legal Needs Survey results. We are seeking input from the community!
What: Presentation of the Legal ...
- Photos from Ron Wood Family Resource Center's post Another great year for our Ron Wood Family....
Share Your Christmas Food Drive, Toys for Tots, Cookies with Santa and Christmas Baskets for the community! Thank you all for the love and support! Merry Christmas and Happy 2018!
Find youth resources, information and facts about drugs, mental health, healthy habits, and bullying.
Find local area organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.
Find adult and parenting resources, information and facts about DUI, substance abuse, and how to help your children.
Find national organizations, support groups, health services, bilingual services, senior services and more.